Monday, June 17, 2013

Sweet Summertime

Isn't summer the best? Except the million degree temperatures here in TX! I love being able to clean and organize, catch up on anything and everything I have been neglecting for 187 days. My summer has been pretty busy so far;going to training's, doctor appointments, running errands and cleaning. I have also been helping interview for one of our open positions on the team.
My husband and I joined a growth group (bible study) at our church for the summer and LOVE it so far! This one is specifically for young couples with no kids! Not that I don't love kids, I mean I teach 6/7 year olds...but we just are not ready for our own yet...I like to call us the NKOTB group. (instead of a boy band acronym, I changed it to No kids on the block) So far we have met up to discuss the Sunday's messages, watch a movie together and had lunch together. It is so fun to hang out and get to know new people in the same stage of life as well as grow in our faith together. This past Sunday we discussed the new Superman movie (amazing btw) and the correlation of courage within the story line and how it correlates to our courage in life. Here is a breakdown of the main points within the message.
I show courage by:
1. Owning up to my failures
2. Standing up for what's right
-this can sometimes be difficult within today's society. It also goes back to #1, if we do not own up to our own sin and failures we can not in good conscious be courageous for others or even have the right to speak up for the right thing.
3. Choosing to sacrifice
-Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice for us, we owe that amazing action our sacrifice while on this earth.

 I leave you with:
 " Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous.Be strong! 1 Corinthians 16:13



9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great Bible study! So true! We must own up to our own sins before we can be a light to others. New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great bible study!! I am so glad you are a new follower!!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world. I enjoyed reading your post. It is always nice to meet new chritian friends and learn from each other. God Bless.
    Tammy

    Mrs. Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad you enjoyed reading the post too. It is always valuable to learn from others! Thanks for following.

      Delete
  3. So excited to be a new follower too! I'm looking forward to stalking, I mean watching your journey unfold. :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stalking, I mean following!! haha!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for reading and following!!

      Delete
  5. I saw your blog listed on another site. I am also new to blogging. And you are 100% right about designing a blog. It can be really confusing. I clicked to follow you. Can't wait to read your post. I would love for you to come a follow me too, since we are both newbies at this!!!

    ReplyDelete