Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Ain't nobody got time for that! Busy teacher recipe share linky!

"What's for dinner?" Do those words sound familiar? I often ask myself that daily...along with, "What will I take for lunch today?" Another microwavable meal it is! Those of you know as teachers when school is in session free time is almost nonexistent, especially those of you who have your own children. Thankfully all I have to worry about at this point is the hubs, who could eat sandwiches and/or eggs every night and not complain once. I am the high maintenance one in the family ha! I struggle a lot to find time to prepare a meal when I am working during the school year. For one, I lack motivation if I don't have a good, easy recipe; and two I lack motivation...haha! I will be honest. Even though we don't have dumplings of our own yet, our nights are pretty busy. (Bless you who have kids) Goes something like this: get off work, drive home (30 min), play with dogs, go to gym, come home, eat, shower, read together, sleep, wake up at 5:30......that may resemble something you are used to, mixed with kids, practice's etc....so hopefully you feel me when I say "Ain't nobody got time for that!" to make a long drawn out recipe for dinner.

I find things on the internet or in cookbooks to try but sometimes find the process is too time consuming or too many ingredients make me want to fry up some eggs. I don't want to cook every night and we don't have a problem with left overs or eating simple most nights, but I would like some SUPER EASY recipes (crockpot, stove, microwave etc) that are pretty healthy (we do watch what we eat most of the time) to be able to throw together a few times a week or get prepared to throw in the crockpot early in the morning.

Hence, the reason I am starting this linky to help myself, as well as others to share some ideas for quick night recipes and even quick lunch ideas to take to school since we have all of 2 minutes 15 minutes10 minutes 20 minutes technically to shovel the food down before picking up the little's. So here are the guidelines I would like to try to stick to when sharing your ideas of tried and true recipes....

1.  8 or fewer main ingredients (salt, pepper, or spices in a jar don't count as a main ingredient)
2. It can be crock pot recipes, oven, or even microwave.
3. You can include pictures if you like, but don't have to.
4. Include recipes you have actually eaten so you can feel proud :) and we know they taste good too! If you need to credit someone and you can, please do :) you can include a direct link if needed.
5. It can be dinner, lunch, breakfast, snack, or dessert, ideas.
6. Try to keep it pretty healthy, we know eating out is not as bueno for you so I try to keep it clean at home :)
7. Be supportive...let me tell you, try as I might, I am no Betty Crocker!
8. Have fun and enjoy all that extra time you will have at lunch and dinner since you will be rockin some new easy recipes! Because we all know standing at the microwave everyday waiting for your microwavable meal to heat for 5 minutes is a waste of time :P

I am thinking maybe to do this link up twice a month to start and see how it goes...please bare with me I am brand new to doing linky's and have not a clue what I am doing :)



I will share a very easy and quick recipe I found...I can not remember where it came from :( but I am sure it was Pinterest :)

Peanut Butter Protein Balls
Ingredients:
  • oatmeal
  • flax seed
  • chia seed
  • honey or agave (whichever you prefer) honey is a bit more sticky
  • protein powder (I always use chocolate, but I am sure vanilla would work)
  • peanut butter
  • sprinkles (for added color and fun) or mini dark chocolate chips
As you can see I did not put measurements....I don't measure this out haha! I literally get a large mixing bowl and throw it in stopping when I think it looks like enough. I will say you need to layer your dry ingredients between your liquid (PB and honey). I wouldn't put too much honey or agave in if you don't want them too sweet but you will need more if you put a lot of dry ingredients together.
Once you have all in the bowl, you will use a blender to blend it all together. I used my hands the first time and I looked like an oatmeal monster and it was sticky! You should see after a bit of mixing that it is blending. Once done, spoon out a portion and roll into a ball. You can make them as small or as large as you want. If you have left over in the bowl because it won't stick together I just put it in the serving dish and we eat it with a spoon when it gets cold, kind of like granola.
It may take a time or two making them to see how much ingredients you want to use to make a certain amount of protein balls.
Put them in the fridge and let them harden and they are DELICIOUS! I never feel guilty eating 10 at a time because they are so healthy :)
Leftover to keep and eat :)
Now to pay tribute to the original source for my inspiration for the linky :)



 
BTW- if something doesn't show up or you can't link up etc..please let me know asap so I can figure out how to fix it :) I want everything to be user friendly!
 
Link up!
 







4 comments:

  1. Great recipe-am def gonna make some for my team for our weekly meetings.Thanks for sharing!
    Debbie
    debjac9@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Let me know if ya'll like them! I think they are great! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Hi - I'm glad you're doing this linky because I was thinking the same idea - I'll definitely post a recipe - I'm supposed to do the same "assignment" for my next Weight Watchers meeting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are excited! Can't wait to see what you post!!! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete