Friday, August 2, 2013

ARRRGGGG! Ahoy Matey's and Currently

Linking up with Oh Boy 4th Grade for the August (yes people you read that right) currently.
Listening: Oh how I love silence....not all the time but it sure is nice to sit and listen to nothing.....
Loving: Best Bosses EVER! See below for why...
Thinking: Didn't we just get out of school? I just packed my room up and left and now are gearing up to go back! Time flies too quickly as an adult, make it stop please!
Wanting: I am trying to stop time for a bit but also trying to speed it up so I can go set up my room. This time last year I was all done and ready to go! I have to allot time to rearrange a billion times until I am happy and have some feng shui happening...
Needing: I am so embarrassed to even look at my own nails...I had them done awhile back and now they are growing out and one had an air bubble under it a day after I went and I have coped with it since....plus I am not loving the color choices I made...
B2S: Well since inside my room is owl theme I am always ready to pick up anything cute for that!
I heart sticky notes!! All the time!
Energy! Since I do not drink coffee I don't really have caffeine in the morning or really ever...so I opt for Advocare's Spark! Love this stuff! Pour it in some H2O and you are good to go! I really get a lot done after a little sippy sippy.

Now...ARGGGGGG!
We had our team leader meeting yesterday and I have to say I have the BEST admin. team EVER! I mean I am sure you think you do, but you don't :P haha...Our theme this year is "Discover the treasure of learning" and we are doing a book study of "How to teach like a Pirate" by Dave Burgess. We went to lunch and had out meeting and then went sailing on the high seas! I actually got some sunlight on this person!! Here are some pictures from our pirate adventure.














Can't wait to dive in and see what it has in store! Now on to my last lazy day of summer...next week I have something booked everyday!






9 comments:

  1. Hey, I just found you from Currently! I love your blog and your great attitude. I hear ya on the nails, girl! By the way, I make owl products like crazy- come check it out!

    Irene
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave's book is amazing! I read it in a weekend. It's that good!

    I am with you on the nails....I have been 2 hours from home most of the summer (we have a cabin) and my nails are a disgrace too. I refuse to "cheat on" my nail salon though so I shall suffer until Monday :)

    And yes you really do have the best admin ever....wow.


    Raye
    The Caffeinated Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear the book is good! I haven't found my nail salon I can't live without yet...Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I want to get into my room to start setting up too! Your pirate adventure looks like fun! :)

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more thing!! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I tried to reply, but you are a no-reply blogger! You can email me asunnydayinfirstgrade@gmail.com and I can help you fix it if you want to :)

      Delete
  4. Found your blog through Farley! WOW - you're admin team took you sailing? That's awesome! I have just started to read the book, Teach Like A Pirate.
    I'm a new follower too!
    Diane
    schoolhousetreasures


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following and stopping by!! I will come see your part of the net too! :)

      Delete
  5. Your blog has the best name!!! I found a cute owl lunch box on Amazon where I was looking for a new lunch bag...
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :) My hubby helped me with the name a bit!

      Delete