Monday, October 21, 2013

Craziness in tha hood!


Craziness sums up last week! I feel like I fell off the blogging wagon for a bit. Last week was a short week since we were off for Columbus day. We had to work and I got to host one of the sessions for my school's in-service! It was awesome!!! My topic was "Classroom Organization" totally so not me right??? Bahaha! I was asked by my principal and felt soooo honored she would ask me to share my OCD skills with others. Being able to be organized as a teacher has helped me really have more time to focus on teaching and the kids. I was so scared no one would show up to my sessions but it ended up being like 55 people! Woohoo!

Last week being a short week we also had to get grades done for the nine weeks. So that was craziness trying to get it all in on time and make sure you were still teaching deep.
Parent conferences are also in full swing so that has also been on the full buffet platter.
Needless to say, I was exhausted this weekend and looking forward to the short Thanksgiving break around the corner.

This weekend was full as well! We had a garage sale on Saturday morning and I spent the morning typing lesson plans, grading papers, putting grades in, cleaning etc...
My hubby had a big event as well....He got a TATTOO! It may seem kind of trivial to many, but for us it was a big decision. It is there FOREVER, well at least until he leaves this earth...when he is 105 :) He knew he wanted something that reflected his spiritual journey...something that could help others question him and he could open that door for sharing God's word. He went with his friend from our Growth Group from church and they "manned (sp?) up" together. Robbie also got something that was meaningful to him "Make a Joyful Noise" Psalm 100. Pretty sure the meaning behind this was his reason for being saved. He loves playing in the band and when he joined his church he got a chance to be a part of that and brought him closer to God and opened up his spiritual journey. Many people don't agree with tattoos and I don't even really know where I truly stand, but we had a good discussion with our friends about what the bible says in Revelation 19:16 "On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:king of kings and lord of lords.
Jesus will have a tattoo!! Robbie made a good point as well, Jesus marked his body for me, I will mark my body for him"


"Christ My Strength"
All wrapped :)

So that just about sums it up!!
Another busy week ahead and tomorrow is Tuesday!!

Have a BLESSED week!

"But thank God!! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ."
1 Corinthians 15:57




No comments:

Post a Comment