Friday, November 1, 2013

Five for Fabulous Friday!


Can someone say TGIF! I feel like I say that every Friday, but for real, this Friday TGIF....really...
I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the weekly Five for Friday.

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/


Sweet kiddo made me a picture today and attached a "hanitizer" with owls on the label :)

It is the first day of November and I put out all the Thanksgiving/Fall books!!! YEEHAWW! The kids were in awe. They have to earn coupons to be able to read the books from this shelf. If I catch them using their reading strategies throughout the day I hand them a coupon I made and laminated and they can turn it in at their leisure (not teaching time) and go choose a teacher read :)


Bit 'O Organization- since we are doing writers workshop, I put out the different papers they can use and put labels on binder clips with how many lines each paper has (sorry you may not be able to see the writing on the pink labels) It says things like: "2 lines, 3 lines, 6 lines etc)
I color coded the sight words I let them use during daily five with the ones on the word wall. So far I have 1st and 2nd nine weeks on each ring. Each nine weeks I will add another set. They can grab these to take with them when they do word work. They also have the word wall to use as well as a list I typed up in their Word Study spirals.


It was red ribbon week around these parts and we  had different themes each day...I only got a picture of crazy sock day...we also had superhero day for Halloween (I wore batman gear), hat day, crazy hair day, and team jersey day.
 
 
It was also raining a lot this week so we finally got to go outside today which was nice they needed to run off all the sugar they had last night. I still haven't decided if teaching the day OF Halloween is crazier or the day after when they are in sugar hangovers.
 
 On Thursday, the day I sported bat gear, it was raining cats and dogs (or as I put it on Facebook,      "I was Noah's Ark'n it to work") when I pulled up to work at 6:45am...I didn't have an umbrella either due to the fact we gave it to a homeless man....so I had to run like crazy to get to the door and in the pitch dark, mind you, with my cape trailing behind, I felt like I needed the batman theme song playing while I ran, (dun nun na na na na na na na na na.....)

I have big plans for my Thanksgiving break, NOTHING....I can't wait to relax, I know it's still weeks away but I am so excited for the Fall and holidays!! I LOVE this time of year, I think I might convince the hubby to help me put up Christmas d├ęcor this weekend.....yes call me Hobby Lobby (they always have it up SO soon) but I love seeing it and being able to enjoy it, because it does go fast! I also can't wait to RACK others as well!! (Random Acts of Christmas Kindness) I normally try to do that all year but with the Christmas season it makes it so much fun! I also want to make sure my hubby and I are able to really spread the real "reason for the season" throughout as well, and help others see Christ's love and blessings. Ok so I am really jumping ahead ha! I must be ready!


I hope ya'll have an amazing and BLESSED weekend!!
 
"No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God."
Micah 6:8

 

 

 

 





4 comments:

  1. Loved reading your post! I totally had a mental picture of you running like Batman!! LOL! Loved it! I'm decorating next week for Christmas!! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! haha yea the running was pretty funny, glad you think so too! :)

      Delete
  2. Just had to leave a comment and say that I LOVE that verse from Micah!!! It's one of my favorite verses, and I actually have a copy of it on my teacher desk as a reminder that even though some days are tough, my job is to do the right thing, show God's love and mercy, and walk humbly. God will take care of the rest! :)

    - Katy

    First Grade Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great verse!! Good place for you to put it as well! He will take care of it all! So amazing! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete