Sunday, March 30, 2014

Five for Friday..if I can make it!

So it is 11:50 so that means I only have 10 minutes to get this post written to make it for the Five for Friday officially on Friday...I have a feeling it might be a 5 for Saturday, and I have a million things since I wait until I have a million things to post :P so it will be overflowing past 5 oh and in completely random order....well here it goes!

Linking up with Doodle Bugs :)




We have been learning about adjectives! So in order to check their understanding in a free response way I had them draw their favorite animal (since this is something they connect with easily) around the animal they had to write adjectives that described that animal and then pick one of those adjectives and write a sentence with it. I tell you what I have some budding artists in the room! They are only in 1st grade!!! I need lessons!
 
We got a beta...last one we had last year died :( after 2 days...I went to the store and bought him pretty's for his tank and then he died...so I gave the prettys to my partner teacher, but I think I jinxed her with bad fish karma because she took hers home while we had an extended weekend and went to go clean his tank and dropped him in the kitchen sink :( on the disposal side...'nough said! I kid her that she let him "slip" onto that side...Well we will see how long I can go this year keeping him alive. So far we are at a week now! The kids named him "Tank"...I got all kinds of names like "Max, John...." but I just can't seem to name him a human name...


We've also been learning about plants...we started the anchor chart one day slowly making our way up until we finished it, reading books along the way. They seem to think that is professional artwork, oh why I love little's.
 


Continuing with plants, one of my teamies had this idea she used at her previous school for a little homework activity. The kids found a flower and taped it onto a paper. They labeled the parts we have been learning about and then wrote the function of each part. I think it was great! Such a good hands-on activity.
Click HERE if you'd like a parent letter to send home!



 
So Friday was "Something on a stick" day :)
Can you say awesome!!! Our admin is AMAZING, I am sure I have mentioned that before. There were giant Pixi sticks, fruit kabobs, cake-pops, dum dums, corn dogs from Sonic oh and these cute flowers, but I asked before I took one and they were not for the taking haha, they were so pretty and they were technically on a stick too :P

At the end of the day I was getting a bit sluggish so I downed a 20oz Spark!! Let's just say I was so motived I re-organized my closets and then stayed up until 12am doing lesson plans for 3 weeks ha!! I mean I am normally crazy when it comes to organizing and planning but this was me on overdrive seriously.
 
A couple more things past the "5":
One of my friends made this adorable picture of "The Lego Movie" for her binder. I was cracking up!

 
My class might also need another lesson as to how to use the "lost and found" bucket in my room. Look closely....real close...do you see it? YES it is a Band-Aid...WHAAAAA? Seriously people...and if you can't tell it is NOT in its wrapper sooooo...I pretty much dumped that whole bucket in the trash!!


I came home to find this awesome picture the builder of our new house left us. Its hand drawn and I can't wait to hang it up! It is such a good memento :) 
 
 
NEW BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes 34 of them!!!! Brand spankin' new!! So many good ones I can't even process where to start! The best part is they are all content books so I can actually teach-teach with them for specific curriculum and objectives.
 
Hubs and I took a walk today downtown and it was so nice!! Brought back good memories of my home-town and those simple days before adult-hood :)

 
 
 
Guess what? It's Sunday.....so much for my 5 for Friday or even 5 for Saturday! Haha!! The good news is I finished the post and it isn't the new week just yet.
I hope ya'll all have a BLESSED week ahead!!!
 
"Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them."
John 14:21


 


No comments:

Post a Comment