Friday, July 18, 2014

Five for Friday!!

Happy Friday Ya'll!! I'll be honest in the summer I literally loose track of the days of the week if I am not wearing my watch or looking at my phone, I know ya'll feel me. It's nice sometimes but man it makes me feel insane too!
Well I am linking up with Doodle Bugs for the Five for Friday!



 World Series of Dog Shows! 
I helped my sister with her Dream Doggy Booth for a few days this week. It was so much fun! 

Before...all lonely and empty.


After!! BEAUTIFUL and sleek!


 Is he not the CUTEST?! I want him! Shhh don't tell my other babies ;P There were WAY too many dogs to show! They were all so cute!! 
Lovely weather to drive home in...:(
 And yes thank you for the two hour traffic as well on top of that weather! Did I mention how much I loathe traffic and driving in the city...this is why I don't do it! EVER..only to help a sista out! 

Project Math stations: So I went to a training at the beginning of summer for math stations. I got all motivated, ran up to school and lugged all my math games home. I started with this..many crates of filed games.

I pulled them all out of their files and put them in bags with the appropriate items needed to play the game.
I then pulled out all of my original files for the games and organized them in my binder. Eventually I will have to add a binder because this one filled up very quickly, but it definitely is much more of a space saver than those crates.
I typed up a cover listing all the objectives the binder had in it.




   I then filed each original file within the appropriate objective tabs.  I really like how its organized now and will make it much easier to grab and go.

I adore CHEAP school goodies. 
I picked these packs of stickers up at Michael's for a whopping BUCK! Yes a DOLLA..Holla!
I use these in writing for sticker story. I let them chose 1-2 stickers and they then write a story and create a setting. They love it! They love stickers in general, but it really motivates them to write too! During the holidays I let them use the Thanksgiving and Christmas ones too. 

These cuties I got at Target for .74 cents! I am going to put them in my treasure chest :)
I know I broke the bank on these items, but sometimes you just have to splurge!

Not much on this...except that I want to decorate a wall like this. The End. 
(I can't for the life of me find the source it was saved to my desktop)


I see everyone already able to go up to their rooms to "play" and I can't yet. :( boo. I feel so empty haha...I am usually up there by now arranging and getting organized. I can't wait to get up there and take some good pics to post as I prepare for another year! Wow I can't believe that! Until then I will work from home.

I also need to purchase my Adobe to finishing editing another goody and my trial ran out so soon I will post about some FUN Friday tips I use in the classroom. 

Next week I have a 4 day training for reading workshop. I hope to gather many tips and ideas!! 

"Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the Lord;may I never forget the good things he does for me." Psalms 103:1-2

This is such a powerful verse. I feel like if I do not praise his name and spread his word I am falling short. To always be grateful, thankful and aware of his many blessings is something I constantly try hard to fill. As a human and a sinner I will fall short but to be able to run to HIM and know he loves me and sees me through forgiving eyes is comforting and reassuring. 
Love one another-there are too many negative and sad things in the world around us. Help to spread his good news and love and focus on the positive. Even when things are negative, he is there to pick you up, and to be able to surround yourself with others that know that too is powerful. But don't forget about the ones that aren't quite there yet, sometimes all they need is a little push and the hands and feet of Jesus. :)

Have a BLESSED weekend!











2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got home safely after driving in that weather! I am impressed {and jealous} at your math games... super organized! That will make life so much nicer... I need to organize so many things like that in my classroom...one day!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy! I am hoping having the math games organized and ready to go will help! I will let you know how it goes this year :) I would be in heaven if I could come help organize haha....

      Delete