Thursday, January 1, 2015

Currently January 2015!!!

Hey ya'll!
So in case you didn't know it is 2015!!!! Holy Moly!! I am linking up with Farley for the January Currently. Currently there is not a lot of "goings on" over here, nothing exciting but I figured I'd take this opportunity to post since it has been awhile and there is not much school happening at the moment either to share. So here it goes!

Before the Christmas break, my team and I hosted another little feast for each other. I know every time I post I think we are always eating ha! It was my teamie's idea in case we didn't get a lil present for each other we stuff our faces instead and I thought it was the perfect idea!!



We also had our routine holiday party in the classroom as well full of sugar and sugar ;)
I did not get to take a lot of pictures mainly because, well I forgot, and it got insane as I am sure all of you know how a holiday party can go down with the littles. 


One more quick thing I wanted to share before I go is a little activity I did last year with my kiddos and I am putting in the plans for when we return. We will be learning adjectives woohoo. After they have a good grasp of this I will have them complete the little activity below. (these are samples of my kids word last year, aren't they great artists?!)
 So basically I told them to pick their favorite animal. They need to draw a picture of their animal (their noun) and write adjectives all around that picture that describes that animal. After, they pick any of those adjectives and write a sentence using one or more and label it.
This gave me a chance to see who really understood the concept of an adjective, what it does and if they could apply that learning. 
And not to mention it is very little prep work for you and still hits the objective! 

I will have a lot  more to share when we go back in a few days so ya'll can hold me to one of my many resolutions.....take more pictures, share more, blog more, post more to TPT...the list goes on and on and on ;)

Y'all have a BLESSED start to your new year 2015!!!


"So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most." Hebrews 4:16

I pray that the start to a new year can be a new beginning for many, to GO BOLDLY to God, to SPEAK BOLDLY for God, and to DO BOLD acts for others through Him.





4 comments:

  1. Those adjective pictures/writings are adorable!! You have some artists! I love the message on your cake for your get together--hard to believe break is {almost} over! Happy New Year!

    The Sassy Sub

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!! It is sad the break is almost over!! Happy new year to you too! I will head over to your blog! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you and your husband had some extra time together during the holidays! A day doesn't go by that I don't think of my grandmother. When I teach adjectives, we always start with a self portrait and write adjectives around our picture about ourselves. That goes right along with your animal adjective activity. Best wishes in the New Year!

    Kathy
    First Grade a la Carte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy! Tanks for saying hi! I have seen the self portrait idea too! It always is so cute! Have a great new year!!

      Delete