Monday, June 22, 2015

TPT Challenge Week 2 "Dare to Dream"

Welcome back folks for week 2 of the #TPTSellerChallenge!! This week it is all about dreaming!!!



TPT creating is not a quick, easy task. Some people may think something just gets slapped together and put online. Or that a blog post is just thrown together. Truth is it is not! I really take each very personally because it is my ideas and interests and feelings I am putting out there. And we all know people can be mean...Thankfully, I have not encountered any of that so far on my journey! Everyone I have come in contact with has been wonderful! I pray it continues that way, haha.

Onto the main event!


1. Help pay loans- so I married into some student loans....well not some......a TON. haha. Private Masters is not cheap. Thank the Lord I married a God fearing, driven, responsible, goal oriented man! However, when you come from not having any debt (Thankful to my parents!) then you see the amount that needs to be paid to the government with interest it is an eye opener! We have been truly blessed to be able to pay down a lot of it so far due to diligence and perseverance.  But there is still work to be done, still have to pay the piper! I started TPT and my blog just as a way to share my ideas and hope people would want to listen, haha. But to be able to grow it larger and be able to fiscally help my hubby pay the rest of those loans so he can enjoy the fruits of his labor too would be wonderful!!! 

2. Bless and reach others for Christ- when I decided to start a blog and my TPT store I felt very compelled to make sure it was not just about school products and making the money. I really wanted to incorporate my love for spreading the good news and Christ's message into it all. I really want to sprinkle it in whenever possible because you never know who you will touch at any moment. 

"In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out with as much faith as God has given you."
Romans 12:6

God has given a gift to me for teaching and I also feel like he has provided this path to be able to speak out as well for Him through the ventures online. I may not be a designated pastor or minster or leader but I have a goal to worship through whatever means he puts in my path. 

3. Share resources and ideas- I LOVE to help other teachers. Like...a lot! I like to answer questions, give feedback, guidance, etc. I have a million thoughts a day in my head and just wanted a way to get them out and be able to share them as well. In a way I don't even care if only one person finds it helpful haha I just want to be able to provide whatever help I can :) When someone does like the things I am creating it really just gives me more of a push to keep creating so I can help make things easier for others. 

4. Give generously to my family- this is a big one. My parents have provided a life for me and my sister growing up that was truly a blessing. They not only instilled in us a love for Christ  but also a  valuable work ethic. They have provided SO much over the years and still do even though we are both married. I hope to be able to give back in some way little by little. 

5. Adoption- so if you know me personally, you know we have many people praying for my hubs and I to get pregnant haha...well we just have not had it laid upon our hearts to take that step in life right now....and we feel like it may be awhile in general. We met online (you can read about that God happening here) and we didn't know each other that well before we got engaged and even married. We just still feel selfish (honest truth) with each other and our life we have right now. Now I know "We make our plans, but God determines our steps." Proverbs 16:9, and He may shake things up for us at some point, but basically we are doing good just being doggy parents right now! However, I have always wanted to adopt ever since I can remember. From Africa specifically, but even from the US is wonderful too! There are so many precious young ones in need. I hope to one day, whether we have had our own or not, be able to save money up from this TPT adventure to help aid in that process. Now I may be a 50 year old with a kindergartner, but I'll be rocking it all the same,haha. 


I know that is a lot of goals and not exactly things I can shake a tail feather and have accomplished. But I know that with God's grace and blessing and my determination I can slowly whittle away at them! 

So if you are reading this and you have some goals and dreams that just don't seem possible I will leave you with some verses to let simmer....

"The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty." Proverbs 21:5
(I feel this does not just refer to fiscal profit or poverty)

"But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your hard work will be rewarded." 2 Chronicles 15:7

"Take delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8

" With man this is impossible, but with God ALL things are possible." Matthew 19:26

"Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, "Move from here to there" and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20

I hope ya'll have a BLESSED night and find your mustard seed in your dreams and goals that will move and grow through your faith and determination. 








11 comments:

  1. Let me just tell you how these words have touched me tonight. I am a lover of the LORD myself and whenever I can read a scripture that is aligned directly to what is going on in my life helps. I ran across this blog at the right time because I needed to read those. Also kuddos to your parents, debt is the devil. I'm totally convinced. LOL Your husband is very lucky to have you in his life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me first say your comments made me cry. My husband is sitting next to me thinking I'm hormonal or something lol...You just helped confirm this blog for me...THANK YOU! I am so happy to know that those particular scriptures spoke to you at the right time. God is good!! Thank you for stopping by!!!! And yes debt is the devil bobby boucher! (random water boy quote) Have a Blessed night!!!

      Delete
  2. What a beautifully heartwarming post! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adreanna!! I am so glad you enjoyed it!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad to have found your blog!! I'm participating in the challenge also! I LOVE how you're using your blog to share the Word. Thank you for the great scripture reminders!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Kathie!! I'm happy you have gotten something out of it!! I will pop by your space in the online world too! Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. I loved reading your post! Thank you for the great scripture! We could all use a little reminding!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jamie!! Reminder are always good eh? Thanks so much for reading and commenting!!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad I saw this posted on the TPT Tips and Tidbits Facebook page. It's great to find other people who have similar goals and values. Loved reading this!
    Lit with Lyns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lyndsey! Thank you so much for stopping by! I am glad you found me! I will be cruising over to yours as well!!

      Delete